Slimming World Rainbow Cake Recipe
If you’re looking for a fun and colorful dessert to impress your friends or family, look no further than Slimming World’s rainbow cake recipe. This cake is not only beautiful to look at, but it’s also low in calories and fat, making it a guilt-free indulgence.
– 6 eggs, separated
– 150g caster sugar
– 150g self-raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– food coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 400g fat-free Greek yogurt
– 2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line three 20cm sandwich tins with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
4. Gradually fold the flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture, stirring until well combined.
5. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold the egg whites into the cake batter, being careful not to overmix.
7. Divide the mixture evenly into six separate bowls. Add a different food coloring to each bowl and stir until well combined.
8. Spoon each color into the prepared cake tins, starting with purple at the bottom and working your way up to red.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
11. In a small bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, icing sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
12. Once the cakes are completely cool, spread a thin layer of the yogurt mixture between each layer of cake and stack them on top of each other.
13. Use the remaining yogurt mixture to frost the outside of the cake.
14. Slice and serve!
This cake is not only beautiful to look at, but it’s also low in calories and fat, making it a guilt-free indulgence. Each slice of this Slimming World rainbow cake contains just 98 calories and less than 1g of fat, making it the perfect dessert for those following a healthy eating plan.
So why not impress your friends and family with this colorful and delicious cake? It’s sure to be a hit at any celebration!